Sunday, February 24, 2013

Praying for your family throughout the day.

I send them out every morning. I send my husband to work. I send my son to school. I feel very privileged to stay home and continually keep my home set up and warm for my family. I am blessed to be able to prepare meals for them,  keep their clothes washed, do the cleaning and yes all the many other things I do through out the day but sometimes I feel like, because I am not out in the crazy world but home, that I maybe sometimes don't understand the craziness out there. I do work occasionally part time but not on a daily basis. So when I am home I have come to realize that there is more to keeping the home fires burning than just keeping the house warm and clean, meals ready and clothes washed, though those are all important things.

I know I need to cover my family in prayer.  We can learn from our Blessed Mother how she intercedes for us that we should always be in  prayer for our family. also.  It could be from daily mass, to the rosary, to the divine mercy at 3:00pm. There are novenas of course that could be kept going on a daily basis. And we don't always have to stop what we are doing to pray. We can pray right along while we do our chores.  I set my alarm on my phone for the 3:00 divine mercy hour and lift my family up in prayer during that time.  According to Divine Mercy Apostolate Worldwide Our Lord spoke to St. Faustina:

 Jesus asked, that as often as we “hear the clock strike the third hour” that we deeply contemplate His Passion, “if only for a brief moment”. But after we observe the moment of the death of the Messiah at 3 O’Clock with this special prayer, we then have before us “the hour of great mercy for the whole world”. (Diary 1320) Jesus has let us know that in Heaven, the 3 O’Clock hour is a special holy hour, as He said, "it was the hour of grace for the whole world — mercy triumphed over justice...In this hour, you can obtain everything for yourself and for others for the asking...In this hour, I will refuse nothing to the soul that makes a request of Me in virtue of My Passion". (Diary 1320, 1572) He asked St. Faustina, that if she had time she should make the Stations of the Cross during this special hour. He acknowledged that her duties might prevent her from being able to do this, but He asked that on these occasions, she step into a church and adore His Mercy, if only for a brief moment. He also said that if she did not have the opportunity to enter a church, she could pause, wherever she was, and “immerse yourself in prayer there where you happen to be, if only for a very brief instant”. (Diary 1572)


 It is also very important to call upon the saints for help for your family during the day. Having a patron saint for your family or each member of your family is very important also. There are many women saints such as St. Monica and St. Rita that we can ask assistance from as they were awesome in praying for their families and then for the men or teenage sons going out into the world there is definitely St. John Bosco, St. Thomas Becket and there are just so many more saints to call on. St. Padre Pio is always one of my favorites to lift my family up to.

It is comforting to your family to know you are thinking enough about then throughout the day to lift them up to our Lord for protection, guidance and care. We all need each other's prayers.
 sen

No comments:

Post a Comment