Saturday, December 28, 2013

Merry Christmas

May everyone have a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year.

       We try to remember Christmas through
 the 12 days of Christmas and beyond. At least until Epiphany. I heard someone the other day on EWTN say we should remember Christmas until the Feast of the Baptism, so I hope you haven't stopped celebrating the birth of our Lord yet but continue to enjoy the season.







Just a little note, we celebrated Christmas Eve this year at midnight mass. It was beautiful. Half hour of beautiful carols, followed by a beautiful mass with the incense, the altar servers, 3 priests and a deacon and of course Our Lord in the Eucharist.  It was awesome. At the end of mass, the parish turned out the lights, leaving only the Christmas tree lights and we all sang Silent Night. I loved it.


I love being Catholic. It is a challenge and not always easy in this culture but I know God is my help and it is His Church.


No comments:

Post a Comment