Monday, November 12, 2012

New Site


Blogs like closets can tend to get cluttered, so I wanted to kind of go in a different direction and felt a need for a restart and do some cleaning.  I live in the United States and after our recent election I became very saddened by, not just the election but also the hateful remarks I have seen in our local newspaper and on popular news sites aimed at the Catholic church and our Bishops. It has caused me to realize how much the world is lost and doesn't know what a jewel the Catholic faith is.
Of course, as always, evangelization starts at home, so that is always my main focus. So many women neglect this sacred calling and walk out the doors of their homes daily and forget about their family. I feel this is so sad.  In order to pass the faith on, we must start with out families. I have a teen age son and I am so concerned about the world he is growing up in. He must be strong in the faith. I must be strong in the faith. What a heavy responsibility lies on us to pass that faith on. I hope others will join me in prayers for our families, that we can raise up a generation that will know God's will and do it. 
As we pass this faith on to our children, we and they will be salt and light to the world. People will notice.
I heard someone, who I don't remember his name,  today speaking on Catholic Answers radio say we are in a time now when we must bump up what we are doing. If we pray the rosary once a day, pray it twice. If we go mass once a week, go daily. In other words, do more. God is at work in us. He is faithful. What we give him, he will multiply.

I want to leave you with this promise from our Lord:
Philipians 1:6  Being confident of this very thing, that he, who hath begun a good work in you, will perfect it unto the day of Christ Jesus

No comments:

Post a Comment