Sunday, November 18, 2012

I love to watch old shows. I love old movies and I love all the old sitcoms. I thought today I would watch a Father Knows Best. I first started watching a Christmas episode and then I decided it was too early and thought I would watch a Thanksgiving episode and then I ran across this. Many times people make fun of sitcoms such as Father Know's Best  and maybe especially because they think it is corny but much of what happened in this episode still happens today. Father said something he shouldn't have. He criticized the youngest daughter's poem and hurt the little girl terribly. He needed to apologize and she was very forgiving. Isn't that how we should be of each other in our families. Forgiving. We know we will hurt each other but we learn to be forgiving. Hurting someone as we all do at times and then needing their forgiveness makes us realize how important they are to us.
Father also realized how grateful he was to live in a country where he could pray and worship and have religious freedom and also freedom of speech. This family was very grateful for such things. Things that seem to be at stake for us right now. Things that could be lost in the near future. I hope to remember this Thanksgiving and everyday our freedoms and pray they are maintained and pray through this time of uncertainty over the universal health care and the freedom of the Catholic church that more Catholics will grow in their faith and reach out to the world.



No comments:

Post a Comment